Some customers have reported problems with the Bangkok cloud agent beginning on January 12th, 2016. Upon investigation, it appeared that the agents were experiencing packet loss at the provider gateway - and this was translating to problems on certain customer tests.
Due to problems with service reliability and customer service with our Bangkok, Thailand cloud agent, we are in the process of terminating services with our managed services provider (MetraByte) and are spinning new services in the Bangkok area.
A detailed timeline follows:
- 2016-01-14: our operations team engaged the service provider's technical support team, and requested that the provider look into the problems.
- 2016-01-22: provider responded that the problem is likely related to a datacenter issue. Provider agreed to provision new servers to a new datacenter location and allocate new public IP addresses.
- 2016-01-28: new services went online.
- 2016-01-31: reports of additional packet loss - likely related to misprovisioning of IP addresses. Service provider confirmed that they had allocated some already in-use IPs, and provided new IPs.
- 2016-02-02: new IP addresses put in place. Reports of high packet loss continue. Our operations team confirmed these issues and requested the provider look into the problems.
- 2016-02-05: no response from the service provider. Requested escalation.
- 2016-02-08: no response from the service provider. Requested escalation.
- 2016-02-11: due to lack of responsiveness and reliability, we are in the process of terminating our contract with the provider (MetraByte), and are in the process of provisioning new services with a new provider in Bangkok.
At this time, it is our recommendation that customers disable the Bangkok agent on their tests due to lack of reliability in results provided.