The Activity Log provides a history of actions by the ThousandEyes users in your organization. Activity data is retained for 2 years. The Activity Log is accessed from the Activity Log tab under the Account Settings menu. Events such as test creation, updates, deletions, login, logout, and other activities are tracked. Timeout events (i.e. when a user's login session times out) are not tracked by the Activity Log. Timestamp and User metadata are also displayed for each event.
Table of Contents
The following figure shows an example of what you might see when accessing the Activity Log:
There are three main components in this view:
For each event the following information is logged:
- Timestamp in coordinated universal time (UTC)
- Account Group in which the action was performed
- User performing the activity
- Event type
- Component accessed by the User
- Description of the event
The entries displayed in your view of the Activity Log depend on your role within the organization:
- Users having the Org Admin role will see activities from all users across all accounts in the organization.
- Users having the Account Admin role will see activities from users in your account only.
- If you are a Regular User, you will see a history of your logins and logouts.
The Time Range Selector allows you to set the period for which you wish to view events in the table. As can be seen in the following screenshot, there are quick selectors for the
Last 24 hours, Last 7 days, Last 1 month, etc.
You may also select a specific range of time with the Custom Time Range box. The following screenshot shows the Custom Time Range:
Clicking inside the gray box under Custom Time Range (1) will display a dialog. You can select a range of time using the From and To fields. Once you have specified your desired range, click the Apply button to display the results.
Filters allow you to select specify what information you wish to see in the Activity Log. The following filters are available:
- Event Type - The category of the logged activity, such as Administration, System, Operation, Exception, etc.
- Component - The module of the platform which was affected by the logged activity.
- Account Group - The Account Group from which the logged activity originated.
- User - The user who initiated the logged activity.
- IP Address - The IP address from which the logged activity originated.
- Event - Short description of the logged activity.
4) Download a the Activity Log as a list
To export the Activity log as a listing, click the Download Button and select Download as a CSV file.