Administrators can define labels of tests or agents so they can be quickly selected to assign to specific contexts. You can use labeling to group an Agent to test assignment and test filtering, as well as other areas.
To manage your groups, browse to the Cloud & Enterprise Agents section and Click on:
- Test Labels tab of Test Settings to manage test based grouping OR
- Agent Labels tab of Agent Settings to manage Cloud & Enterprise Agent based grouping.
Creating a group label:
- Click the Add New Label button.
- Within the “Add New Label” Dialogue Box Type the Label Name. (Ex: TestLabel)
- Select a label color by clicking one of the color circles
- Select the “Agents” Drop Down Menu and select checkboxes next to agents you want to have the same Label Color.
- Click the “Add New Label” Button in the lower right of the Dialogue Box.
- The result will be that a new Label will be added to the Labels listing: The name of the label and the number or items labeled appear.
Once your Agents or Tests have been assigned labels, these groups can be used to quickly assign Agents to Tests or vice versa.
If you make a mistake adding something, or need to remove an Agent or Test from a particular grouping you are labeling, simply find the Agent or Test in the main list, then click the listing or arrow on left hand side to open the detail. To view all selected Agent(s) or Test(s) click "Selected" just below the "Searching" field. Selected items can be deselected or you can Search and add new items to add.
Labels can be renamed by opening up the details and renaming it under “Label Name” and Click the “Save Changes” button.
Labels can be deleted by clicking the Options icon on the far right of a particular label listing and choosing Delete from the drop down and confirming by clicking the Delete Button.
Labels can also be duplicated for usage where a particular grouping can be preloaded and then more quickly edited using attributes from the copied label. Select Duplicate from the drop down menu and the Copy will appear below. You can then rename it and change it according to the desired grouping requirements.
The Duplicate can be edited and customized from the original.
Searching by Labels
Agents or Tests can be searched based on labels using the search box. Type the name of the item you want to search, in this example we have chosen to search by predefined test label DNS--Server.