|Notice of obsolescence|
As a browser extension, installation and removal of the ThousandEyes Recorder is managed by your browser. This article describes how to uninstall the ThousandEyes Recorder from Chrome and Chromium browsers.
What is the ThousandEyes Recorder
Table of Contents
How is the ThousandEyes Recorder Installed
How is the ThousandEyes Recorder Uninstalled
Selenium to automate browser activity for transaction tests performed by Enterprise and Cloud Agents.
The ThousandEyes Recorder is a browser extension, for Chrome and Chromium browsers, which allows users to perform the following functions:
- record individual browser interactions with web pages and convert them into a selenium script
- play back scripted activity within the browser
- view and modify scripted activity
- export scripts to the ThousandEyes platform
The following steps may be performed to uninstall the ThousandEyes Recorder from Chrome and Chromium browsers.
Step 1: Navigate to your browser's Extensions menu
- Select the Options button within the top right corner of your browser window
- Select More Tools
- Select Extensions
Step 2: Locate the ThousandEyes Recorder within your list of extensions & select Remove
The Extensions menu will display a list of extensions that are installed within your browser.
- Locate the ThousandEyes Recorder extension
- Select Remove
Step 3: Verify that you would like to remove the ThousandEyes Recorder extension
- Once you have selected the Remove option within the ThousandEyes Recorder extension listing, a dialog box will be displayed at the top of your screen
- Locate the dialog box prompting for verification of removal
- Select Remove
As software maintained by Google, the Chrome and Chromium browsers may receive updates that change navigation and extension management options. ThousandEyes Customer Success is available via our in-application chat function, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, to answer any questions that you may have.