Have you noticed that when a member of the Customer Success Center responds to your email request, each member has a cool avatar (profile picture)? This feature is provided by Gravatar, a free service that is also available to customers. If you would like to use an avatar that is available to many applications, just follow the simple instructions listed below.
Create your Gravatar accountBecause Gravatar is part of the WordPress.com network, if you have a WordPress account, then you've already got a Gravatar account and can log in to Gravatar using your WordPress.com credentials. If you don't have a WordPress account, follow the steps below to create your free Gravatar account.
- Navigate to https://en.gravatar.com
- Select "Create Your Own Gravatar"
- Complete account set up
- Validate you Email address
Adding an image to your Gravatar account
- If you navigated away from it, return to https://en.gravatar.com
- Sign in to Gravatar
- Select the My Gravatars tab
- Click the Add a New Image link
- Choose an image from your local machine (If you want to add an image from another site drag a copy onto your desktop first)
- Crop the image as desired
- Select the appropriate rating for your image
Your image will now appear under the "My Gravatars" tab.