The ThousandEyes platform integrates with the popular messaging application Slack. When an Alert is raised, notification can be sent to a channel automatically.
In order to integrate ThousandEyes Alerts into Slack, you need to generate a webhook URL for your Slack channel as follows:
1. Sign into <your-domain>.slack.com
2. Click the option to add an Incoming Webhooks integration (https://my.slack.com/services/new/incoming-webhook/)
3. Choose a channel you want Alert notifications to be posted
4. Get the Webhook URL from the integration settings.
From ThousandEyes, under Alert Settings, expand the Alert rule you wish to integrate into Slack, then click the Notifications tab. Click Configure Integrations > Add New Integration, to open the below popup window. If you already have one or more integration services configured, click on Edit Integrations > Add New Integration
1. Type: Choose your integration type.
2. Name: Enter a name for your integration
3. URL: Enter the channel Webhook URL (per step 4 above)
4. Channel: Enter the channel name
5. Add New Integration: Once all fields are are finalized, click to add a new integration
A configured Slack integration example is shown below.
Now when an alert is triggered, the alert details will be posted as a message within the integrated channel, as shown below. Clicking on the Alert message link will open ThousandEyes Views webpage at the alert start time.
If you have the "Send an email when clears" box checked, under the Alert Rule > Notifications tab, and Alert Rule conditions are no longer met by your test (or the Alert Rule is updated such that the conditions no longer meet the criteria of the alert), the Alert Rule cleared message will be posted within your Slack channel. Clicking on the Alert message link will open ThousandEyes Views webpage at the alert cleared time.