Endpoint Agent collects data about web browsing performance and network connectivity. Similar to the Endpoint Agent, Endpoint Agent Pulse collects data on web browsing performance and network connectivity. However, Endpoint Agent Pulse does not obtain browser session data. This provides organizations a way to measure and troubleshoot their customer's digital experience.
Organizations who do not require browser session data can now share a public download link for Endpoint Agent Pulse. Endpoint Agent Pulse supports two operating systems: macOS (Mavericks and later) and Windows (7 or later).
Endpoint Agent Pulse offers some of the same functionality as the normal Endpoint Agent. As noted, browser session data is not recorded with Endpoint Agent Pulse.
How to Install Endpoint Agent Pulse
Select the option for Endpoint Agent Pulse and choose the download option.
- Navigate to Endpoint Agents > Agent Settings > Add New Endpoint Agent Button.
Select the Endpoint Agent Pulse Option
- To provide this link to allow anyone to download the Endpoint Agent Pulse Select the toggle control to reveal the links
Installing the Endpoint Agent Pulse for Windows
The ThousandEyes Endpoint Agent Pulse is an application installed on a user's computer to collect connectivity data for websites and networks. This document outlines downloading the Endpoint Agent Pulse installer, as well as installing and enabling the Endpoint Agent Pulse for a Windows user.
ThousandEyes Endpoint Agent Pulse requires Windows 7 or later. Complete operating system support for Endpoint Agent Pulse is documented here.
Distribution of Installers
Endpoint Agent Pulse is custom-built for each account. Access to the Endpoint Agent Pulse installer from our site requires a ThousandEyes username and password, or a link to the custom installer file for the account when the Allow anyone with the link to download option is enabled. Customers will need to download the installer file, and distribute the installer file or link internally to users without a ThousandEyes account. The MSI installer comes in two versions:
- x86 version for 32-bit processors (but can be used with 64-bit processors)
- x64 version for 64-bit processors
Downloading the Endpoint Agent Pulse Installer
- Navigate to Endpoint Agents > Agents
- Click Add New Endpoint Agent Button
- Download the appropriate Installer file based on your operating system architecture. Click Download - x86 Windows MSI or Download - x64 Windows MSIto start downloading the MSI installer file. Depending on your security settings, you may see a warning that the file can harm your computer, per the image below. Select the Keep option to continue the download.
- Once downloaded, double click the file in the receiving folder and select Run to start the installation.
Installing the Endpoint Agent Pulse
- Launch the installer. You'll be guided by the wizard through the installation steps. Click the Next button.
- Read the End-User License Agreement. Click the checkbox to accept the terms and then click the Next button.
- Choose an installation folder. Click the Next button.
Uninstalling Endpoint Agent
The procedure to uninstall the ThousandEyes Endpoint Agent Pulse from a Windows machine is illustrated in this article.
- Install the Endpoint Agent Pulse. Click the Install button.
- You may receive a warning about the installation. Check that the verified publisher is "ThousandEyes, Inc." If so, click the Yes button or similar button to continue.
- Click the Finish button to complete the installation.